The Witch Snitch

I put a spell on you... And now you're mine.

The Team

YA Book Reviewer

Connect With Us

Join To Connect With Us

Categories

    Posted by: Unknown Posted date: 12:00 AM / comment : 0

     
     
     
    Thanks to The Broke and the Bookish book review blog, we have a fun Meme for our Tuesdays - Top Ten Tuesdays.  Each week they throw out a 'Top Ten' list for the YA book blogosphere to participate in.  These are in no particular order.  This week?...
     
     
    Top 10 Books I Will Probably Never Read
     
     
    (I'm sorry, so very sorry, if you are on this list...)
     
     
    #10
     
    Vampire Kisses
     
    By Ellen Schreiber
     
    Sadly, I'm judging this one by not just its cover, but it's name.  It just sounds so...  Cheesy.  After the Twilight fad, it takes a very strong, original plot for me to read another vampire book.  And it was books like these that opened the door for Twilight.  This particular series is about a goth girl who dreams about kissing a vampire.  You are not hearing me laugh right now.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    #9
     
     
    Fifty Shades of Grey
     
    By E.L. Games
     
    I know this series is heavily followed and loved by many out there, but I refuse to read the series or watch the movie.  Along with all the obsessive press that this series has been getting, most fail to notice that the BDSM community expresses that this book is very derogatory to their culture.  While that's not my scene, I don't think it's right to misrepresent people and/or groups.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    #8
     
    Stargazer and Hourglass (Of the Evernight series)
     
    By Claudia Grey
     
    After reading... And sleeping... Through the first of this series, I can't even continue.  I got this series for a great deal at a book sale thinking I had just been the best ever that day at finding a great buy, but boy was I wrong.  The first book was just so predictable and slow.  Maybe they get better, but I don't really want to find out.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    #7
     
    Elixir
     
    By Hilary Duff
     
    Maybe I'm being a Witch Bitch... But...  Hilary Duff.  Nuff' said.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    #6
     
    Confessions of an Heiress
     
    By Paris Hilton
     
    I randomly found this ridiculous piece of biographical wonderfulness, and couldn't help but offer a laugh to others as well.  Ironically, this book is in a Goodread's list titled "Who Let These People Write a Book?"...  Ha.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    #5
     
    Beautiful Creatures series
     
    By Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
     
    Truth be told, I read the first one when it was surrounded by all the hype.  It didn't live up to all the praise for me.  I found it slow, boring, dull, and the kind of sappy romance that makes you feel like you just swallowed some expired milk. 
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    #4
     
    Edward or Jacob - Quick Quizzes for Fans of the Twilight Saga
     
    By  Riley Brooks
     
    WTF?   Witch, please.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    #3
     
    Gossip Girl series
     
    By Cecily von Ziegesar
     
    Honestly, I've seen every episode in the television series and I loved it.  Sadly, it's not the type of book I like to read though.  For some reason, reading literature like this usually irritates me.  Also, I've heard that there are the same characters as the television show, but they are completely different.  I wouldn't want that to ruin my fond memories of the television series.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    #2
     
    I Am Number Four
     
    By Pittacus Lore
     
    The story is great, but I've already seen the movie.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    #1
     
    Old Yeller
     
    By Fred Gipson
     
    This story is beautiful, engaging, and heartbreaking.  The movie based off of the book made me cry for hours on end.  I don't think any other movie has made me cry as much.  There's no way I could go through that again while reading the book. 
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Hope you enjoyed my list!  Let me know if I'm wrong and should give one of these books a chance!  What's on your Top Ten?
     
     
     

    icon allbkg

    Tagged with:

    Next
    Newer Post
    Previous
    Older Post

    No comments:

    Leave a Reply

Comments

The Visitors says